Legal services as a Barrister

As a barrister, in many cases I need to receive instructions for work from instructing solicitors.

Over the last few years I have specialised in relationship property, family and youth work.

My recent experience has included High Court appeals in the areas of relationship property, parenting matters and spousal maintenance.

I am able to advise you regarding legal issues you may have.  In particular my practise includes:

  • Relationship property either at the beginning, during or at the end of a relationship, and whether or not you are married or in a de facto relationship.
  • Property agreements before separation or after separation
  • Spousal maintenance
  • Care of Children Act matters ( Care of and contact with children)
  • FLAS provider (Family Legal Assistance Scheme funded by the government)
  • Protection orders
  • Paternity
  • Advising under the Human Assisted Reproductive Technology Act 2004 and providing reports for ECART (Ethics Committee on Assisted Reproductive Technology)
  • Oranga Tamariki/Child Youth and Family Matters
  • Adoption
  • Relocation disputes
  • Hague Convention matters – where there is a dispute about a child being retained either in another country or in New Zealand
  • Legal aid – for qualifying disputes and parties
  • Protection of Personal and Property Rights Act (EPAs and court applications)
  • Appeals
  • Family Protection/Testamentary Promises

As part of my specialist practise I also receive appointments from both the Family Court and Youth Court as:

  • Lawyer appointed for the child
  • Counsel to assist the Court
  • Youth Advocate (when a child or young person has been charged with a criminal offence)
  • Counsel for the subject person (appointed in Protection of Personal and Property Rights cases)