Legal services as a Barrister
As a barrister, in many cases I need to receive instructions for work from instructing solicitors.
Over the last few years I have specialised in relationship property, family and youth work.
My recent experience has included High Court appeals in the areas of relationship property, parenting matters and spousal maintenance.
I am able to advise you regarding legal issues you may have. In particular my practise includes:
- Relationship property either at the beginning, during or at the end of a relationship, and whether or not you are married or in a de facto relationship.
- Property agreements before separation or after separation
- Spousal maintenance
- Care of Children Act matters ( Care of and contact with children)
- FLAS provider (Family Legal Assistance Scheme funded by the government)
- Protection orders
- Advising under the Human Assisted Reproductive Technology Act 2004 and providing reports for ECART (Ethics Committee on Assisted Reproductive Technology)
- Oranga Tamariki/Child Youth and Family Matters
- Relocation disputes
- Hague Convention matters – where there is a dispute about a child being retained either in another country or in New Zealand
- Legal aid – for qualifying disputes and parties
- Protection of Personal and Property Rights Act (EPAs and court applications)
- Family Protection/Testamentary Promises
As part of my specialist practise I also receive appointments from both the Family Court and Youth Court as:
- Lawyer appointed for the child
- Counsel to assist the Court
- Youth Advocate (when a child or young person has been charged with a criminal offence)
- Counsel for the subject person (appointed in Protection of Personal and Property Rights cases)